Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Flight To Paris

Hello Constance Family,


I had a very good and uneventful flight to Paris where we were to have a 15 hour layover. It was here I met up with the team. We bought a pass on the Metro Train system and had time to visit three areas - the Eiffel Tower, the Arc of Triumph and Notre Dame. WOW—Beautiful!


We then got back about 5 p.m., showered and got ready to check in for our 11 p.m. flight to Bangui. When we arrived at the airport we were informed the flight would not leave until tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. (No crew had showed up!). This is certainly better for us to get a good nights sleep with the jet lag weariness. The airlines put the entire plane up at the IBIS hotel and fed us supper at 9:00 p.m. Paris time (2:00 p.m. Wed.)


My back went out the day before I left so please pray for healing for it. It is sore but I am functioning quit well.


Pray also for our flight tomorrow (1:00 a.m.Thursday); that all will go well as we arrive in Bangui. From there we cross the mile wide river in canoes and drive 12 hours to Gemena.


We had a good day as a team. Thanks for your prayers as we continue to get to know one another. If you can get Google Earth, check for the road we will be on from Bangui (where we fly into from Paris) in the Central African Republic, across river to Zongo and then to Gemena (in the Democratic Repulic of Congo). We found it on our computer before I left!! WE so much appreciate your prayers.


God's rich blessing on you,


Pastor Randy


1 comment:

  1. Paris! It's my favorite city (not that I've been to THAT many...)! I'm so glad you got to see a little bit of it. Praying for your back. God bless! Kelly

    ReplyDelete