Thursday, September 16, 2010

Love's Got everything to do with It!

Tina Turner is famous for singing "What's Love Got to Do With It"? This song is about romantic love, about boy-girl attraction. In the song she calls this "love", a "sweet old-fahioned notion", a "second hand emotion" that can break a heart. Where do I sign up?

Well the truth is, "Love has got everything to do with everything!" We just have to make sure the right love( 1 John 4:7-9), God's love saturates our lives so love's behaviors are obvious.(1 Cor. 13:4-7, Love your neighbor as yourself). "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35

I hope to see you this weekend. If the Bible is true about what it says about God's Love: 1. It is the most excellent way. 2. It is the greatest. 3. It never fails. It might mean we ought to pay attention to Love's way and actions. I think you will be encouraged by considering how love can be more evident in your life.

I encourage you to invite a friend. I truly believe people want to be in a place and around people where they are Loved, Accepted and Forgiven.

A mailer inviting our friends and neighbors to the ministries of Constance will be arriving in many neighborhoods beginning today. I encourage you to use these as reminders to chat with your friends and neighbors about Jesus and your experience of knowing Jesus in this local body.

It's been great to see so many of our ministries kick off this week. I encourage you to participate either as one being served or as a servant. Either way it will create an environment necessary for spiritual growth in your life. I hope that each one of us will see Christ being formed in our lives this year. It's interesting but as we grow to be more Christ-like we become a gift to God (Paul says a fragrant offering) we become a gift to others(loving and serving others) and a gift to ourselves(there is no better way to live life than being a servant of Christ). I encourage you to pursue practical growth in your Christian walk this year.

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you being rooted and established in love may have power to grasp ....the love of Christ, and to know his love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 4:16-19

God Bless

Pastor Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment