Thursday, April 15, 2010

Transitions

On March 1, 1995 Pastor Jim Barber walked on the Constance Campus as a pastor called to minister to this local body. He was leaving a successful business career at Honeywell /Alliant Tech and sensing a growing interest in a call to ministry that led him to join the pastoral staff here at Constance Free Church. He had already been serving as an adult teacher, growth group leader and chairman of the elder board.

On March 16, 2010 Pastor Jim Barber tendered his resignation as a Pastor at Constance Free Church. In his words “As you know, I have had an interest in church consulting for some time now. My earliest leanings this way were ten years ago. I think it has been seven years since we agreed that this could be a part of my ministry. After careful consideration, prayer, and agreement with Cheri, I have concluded that I am again at a crossroads in my calling. I plan to take formal steps to become a church leadership consultant …”


Since I’ve had the privilege of knowing Jim for the past 23 years, I too acknowledge God’s leading and calling in his life. I know God has gifted him, placed this desire in his heart, and fully support this calling of God in his life.

On a personal note, I am so thankful for having had the privilege to serve these past 15 years with Jim. Thanks Jim for faithfully using your spiritual gifts and talent for the Glory of God. Your service to God has been a huge blessing to me and Constance. Thank You so much.

To learn more about Jim’s journey, I would encourage you to read the rest of the story on his blog.

Pastor Jim will continue serving full-time until September 1 and thereafter continue to serve as the President of BridgeLink (as well as assisting Constance in the transition period). I will offer additional details about the transition next week.

God Bless

Pastor Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment